Thursday, August 06, 2020

Nothing Like....


Nothing like a stroll through the bush to cleanse the day away and induce a sense of calm.

I discovered a few wildflowers I had not come across before and as always I was off into the bush itself  to get  a closer glimpse of the flowers, mindful of where I was stepping as a very slow moving shingleback lizard had just moved past me.
A bit early for these critters to out and active, although we have had a few warmish days already which may have stirred it from it's brumation,( keeping inactive unless tempted out for a bit of sun basking is how the shingleback deals with the colder months.)
Having seen this reptile out and about I was mindful of how far I ventured off the main tracks in case other reptiles might also be stirring.

A relaxing and tranquil way to end the day walking through the bushland with magpies singing and kookaburras laughing......
..














No comments: