Sunday, August 16, 2020

A Rainy Sunday......

A rainy Sunday morning has me really appreciating the roof I now have over part of the patio extension.
Having walked into the kitchen and seeing how this new sitting area has already brought so much change into my little realm, going out to watch the rain falling steadily and being able to sit without getting wet was such a moment of pleasure.

My friend yesterday articulated perfectly what this area has done, it has perfectly framed the back garden and somehow brought the garden closer to the cottage.

I have always viewed gardens as outdoor rooms of our homes, which is why I create little nooks in the garden to offer a place to rest whilst surrounded by the gentle beauty of nature.
Gardens can be playful and magical places where we have the opportunity to extend our personality.
Speaking with my son last weekend we went through the photos of this little piece of earth that I felt so drawn to. 
We recalled the shock most people felt about what I was doing, going from a brand new home to one that was in such disrepair, most thought I was doing something so incredibly stupid and more than one thought I was mad for making the move.
What they couldn't do was see the vision of what I knew with certainty I would one day create.
I have a deep appreciation for what I have created, of how waiting for something seen in my mind's eye all those years ago has manifested slowly into reality, sometimes the dream seemed so unattainable as I didn't have the money needed to do all that needed doing.
Yet, with keeping the vision clear and not giving up on the dream, nearly seven years later the dream is almost completely created.
A fertile and flourishing garden with a bounty of life.
A home which perfectly reflects the real me, it is full of colour and quirky art both in the house and throughout the garden, my essence has infused completely into my beloved garden and my little magical cottage.
This is the first home that truly reflects me, a home that has been so crucial in my healing.
It is also the first home that I have truly felt settled in, I no longer wish to be anywhere other than here, it's almost as if I was meant to find this place, like it had been waiting for me like I now know I was also waiting for her.
Placing the butterfly flags back up yesterday and watching them this morning billowing softly in the wind I realised that I felt like a butterfly, for I too have emerged from a  chrysalis after a huge transformation, both me and this once terribly neglected baron land are now radiating to a completely different vibration.
Together we have grown and felt love and nurturing for the first time.
Together we have thrived.
Being here in this tiny little home has brought such deep joy after it first took me on the darkest ride of my life, for it was here that I began my path to finally facing the greatest obstacle in my way, myself......


 

No comments: