Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Heading Back To......

Heading back to Farmaner wetland in Ellenbrook yesterday to hopefully have a better look around, funnily enough once I figured out where the reserve was I realised that I had driven past the east side of this reserve quite frequently over the years.
Sadly I was rained off exploring more than the area surrounding the two ponds which have been designed to filter the overflow of rainwater into the wetland itself, and even more sad was to see that so many trees and plants were dead.
I did discover a rather inspiring play area for children, large stumps of wood placed to created places to climb, with arty stepping stones in the sand with carvings of sea creatures on them.
Another little collection of mushrooms was discovered as I walked by, always fascinated by fungi, they are a sign of fertile soil, and I always find myself wondering about the fungi networks beneath my feet, a world unseen by us mere humans, but a realm of such wonder and life.
I shall try once again to visit this wetland when a sunny rain free day presents itself, the walk around the park is quite a hike and from what I observed there are not any pathways into the wetland itself, which is a good idea as humans should not be disturbing the natural order of things.
Having seen how sad this area felt though I am thinking that despite the planners vision of having a native wetland here among the houses, it may be that human dwellings have not help this reserve thrive despite good intentions of keeping a bit of undisturbed nature snuggled in amongst the sea of houses....












































No comments: