Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Being Chased....


Being chased by the rain yesterday as I tried to beat the heavy showers with a walk around my favourite lake in Ellenbrook, not getting too far from the car before I found myself drenched in minutes so I decided to see if I would have more success driving further into the estate and see if there was another park of interest I had not yet discovered.
Discovering a new park was what I did, the park was actually an inner suburb wetland I was itching to get out and explore this area but once again the rain was too heavy for more than a glimpse of this place, however I will be coming back soon to see what lies beyond the circular pond.

I did sit in the car for awhile simply watching the rain and drying off after getting soaked twice.
Although I do struggle with the amount of land being cleared here in the Perth suburbs and surrounding bushlands, the destruction of the habitat and loss of life is something that hurts my soul and overwhelms me with sadness as so much wildlife is killed by the continuing spread of human housing.
This little wetland was a welcome sight amidst the sea of houses that surround it and for those creatures that live in this area it seems that they have a perfect sanctuary of what is left of their once thriving bushland........ 







No comments: