Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Okay..................

Okay, it might not be every ones idea of adventure, but seeing that I had never been on one before, let alone been in control of it this was Gemel being pretty out there. If I had of just hired it for an hour and stayed around the resort, well, that would have been pretty tame.
Going across open water with sharks, stingrays and sea snakes lurking about if I fell off, this was a major, huge, big time challenge for me.
To say I was a little scared would have been an understatement, I was standing there thinking, oh my god Gemel, are you mad?
It all seemed easy enough except for the fact that when we left the heavens opened and the wind picked up and the waves were higher than me, and hitting me with enough force to nearly sending me flying off my trusty stead a number of times.
I was testing myself immensely.
Everyone else all got onto their jet skis and hit the go-very-fast switch and disappeared into the distance.
And I DO MEAN the DISTANCE, and I do mean DISAPPEARED.
I could not see any of them so I just kept heading the same way as they went, although out on the open water how did I know if I was going the right way?
Oh my god!
Eventually they must have felt sorry for me and waited, then we headed to the reefs around the islands that surrounded us.
We were not allowed to go onto the islands :-( as like the one I was staying on they are all private.
But at least here the water was calmer, I was able to stop hanging on for dear life.
My hands still bear the marks of the blisters that appeared from my vice like grip!
After we tied all our jet skis to the one in front it was time to get into the water with our snorkels and flippers to have a relaxed look around at the locals.......................

No comments: