Sunday, June 13, 2010

Following.............

Following my adventures on the high seas I decided to find a more subdued way to spend the next day. My body was thankful as every muscle felt the slightest move I made, the impact of the countless sudden landings of the jet ski yesterday upon the surly sea had left its mark. I am certain that every cell in my body had been dislodged by the jolting of each landing.
But for all the pain I felt, the energy that radiated throughout me was astonishing, I felt incredibly alive, vibrant and so extraordinarily free.
Today I was going on a jungle cruise, which sounded exciting, but actually was just a very short jaunt up and down the river that separated us from the mainland. As the grasses swayed in the humid afternoon breeze I was all of a sudden transported to the African plans, it was something about the trees, it seemed to remind me of the Serengeti I really did expect to see a lion amble down the river to drink. Where this vision came from I have no idea, yet the image stayed with me as the guides voice faded into the background.
I was certainly living in an altered state of awareness while I was here, each day presented me with a new thrilling escapade.
With the mangroves appearing the spell was broken, back in full awareness of my surroundings. Water lapping on the sides of the boat, the sun peeking out from behind the clouds set a languid atmosphere for me to embrace the rest of days encounters........
Posted by Picasa

No comments: