Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Wind.............

The wind began to build in intensity, another storm was headed our way.
The calm water began to rise as the strength of the gusts intensified.
Looking over at the mainland at the gorges that past eruptions had left in the wake of their fury held me captive as I attempted to understand the ferocity of such an onslaught.
Looking at the now green lush mountainside it is difficult to imagine the destruction that was present here many years ago.
If only the land could speak.
To be present as the Earth Mother rose to tell the tales of times long ago, of pain and of beauty, to share her memories of her remarkable life.
A life that nurtures all life that resides upon her.
Landscapes like this speak directly to my soul, it is in the wilds of her rustic beauty that I wish to dwell, the prospect of returning to the concrete world of disconnection fails to instill any joy within me.
Somehow I know there is a way to leave behind me the modern way of life, to return to the old ways, living closer to the heart of the earth............

3 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

So is this why you're not sure you want to be where you're building your house?

Ronda Laveen said...

So is this why you're not sure you want to be where you are building?

Gemel said...

Yes, Fiji is a magical place that wove a spell around my heart....