Tuesday, June 01, 2010

After Dinner...........

After dinner I prepared to be formerly welcomed to Fiji with an evening of traditional songs and dance.
As I listened to the songs my heart was jubilant, it did not matter that I did not know the language, I was being sung to directly into my heart.
The Fijian people that I had personal interactions with were all the same, soft, gentle, open, kind and very spiritual.
The most spiritual people I have ever encountered, nowhere else have I been touched by the warmness and sincerity of so many 'normal' people.
If I was to describe them I would say they are living prayers, they are humble yet so connected to source.
They do not need to chant om for hours, sit in meditation in prayer in devotion to one god or another, nor do they opt for purple hair and weird apparel to prove their relationship to god, they simple were being themselves.
I had been touched in such a profound way since my arrival here, and the more I witnessed the more I was wonder of what I was participating in. I know that those around me had no idea at the monumental transformation that was taking place within me as I stood there amongst them apart of it all, yet so totally isolated in the infinity of what I was feeling.
When I stepped onto the island from the ferry as a wreath of shells was place around my neck I was welcomed home.
And home was were I felt I was.............

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great photos and what a tribute to those folks. I loved it.