Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Out Of The Shadows..............

Out of the shadows he scurried.
I was blessed to have seen just one while I was here.
I had heard all about them killing the snakes here on the island, but had also been told that I would be extremely lucky to actually see one.
I must say that they are much tinier than I had expected, when an image of the Mongoose came to mind I saw them around the size of a cat.
How wrong I was. Their numbers on this island and around Nadi are so large that there are no snakes at all. I was actually quite impressed that such tiny little mammals could manage to exterminate the entire snake population, but that they have.
Unfortunately once he spotted me he was off into hiding once again, leaving me feeling quite honoured to have been given a short glimpse of the elusive Mongoose...............

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Very very cool photographs.