Saturday, January 01, 2022

So Here We Are..........

So here we are, the dawning of a new year.  

It was a strange energy up here in the little country town of Chidlow, normally I can hear nearby parties on new years eve, last night though it was silent, eerily so. 
Not a sound was heard. 

Given the state of the world I can't imagine that there was much for people to celebrate especially if this next years is going to be as unsettling as the previous two. 

Personally though I had a really good year, stepping back from the insanity of society and focusing on what was really important to me made 2021 a happy year.  
I decided that I was done with what was being played out, of people becoming afraid of people. 
People were becoming so germ phobic that they were presenting as unstable. 
Being in public was something I avoided as much as possible. 

Instead I continued to do what made me joyous, I went out with my camera and enjoyed the abundance that nature offers us freely. 
It was here that I felt so at home, relaxed and tranquil. But more than that I felt seen and so deeply connected to Source. 

I explored new places and frequently went to old favourite places. I had many a magical moment that filled my heart with love. I began to focus on just being. I realised that more than ever before in my life I required less and less the company of others. I found music that uplifted my soul was as important as being in out in nature. In my garden I would place a speaker and enjoy these two wonderful things together, the more I did this the more I retreated from the outside world. Doing so has gifted me with immense peace.

2021 was a year of returning to myself, of honouring myself and of surrounding myself in peace and joy. The more I sought this the more interactions with people fell away and solitude was what I not only craved but required. 
I found I grew tiresome of human dramas and having conversations that lacked depth and true meaning. 
I found so much wisdom in the silent company of the forests as I watched the magnificence of Mother Nature as she expanded my Soul.......

 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Have a very Happy New Year! I think you are off to a good start.

William Kendall said...

Beautifully photographed.

Gemel said...

Thank you Sharon, lets hope 2022 is a better year all round.

Thank you William.