Friday, January 07, 2022

This Is The View.....

This is the view I have each morning when I have my shower gazing out over the back garden watching contented ducklings resting as water cascades over me. 
This brings serenity and joy into my day immediately.

I have always had the view that gardens are extended rooms of ones abode. And depending on ones creativity what is seen from the inside of ones home differs vastly. Personally I like the two to merge. To be able to sit, or to shower in my case and still feel connected to my Earth Mother is really important. 
  Here at my magical little cottage the outside really does seem to make it inside. Glimpses of life filling my private sanctuary does mesmerise me as I shower, cook or sometimes it makes me pause when cleaning. It reminds me of the miracle this planet is, and of how she must be honoured and of how blessed I am to live here. 

I still have the desire for an outdoor bath nestled somewhere in the garden shrouded by a canopy of a leafy and shady private nook, but until that is manifested I am delighted to shower with this window giving me a birds eye view into my tranquil little garden.........



 

5 comments:

luksky said...

Lovely! I feel the same way.

Sharon said...

You are blessed to have that wonderful view. I have no windows in my bathroom so no view at all. However that is made up for in other parts of the house. Being able to see outside is of utmost importance.

William Kendall said...

The ducks look content.

Gemel said...

Thank you Laura.

Thank you Sharon I do feel blessed.

Gemel said...

They really are at home here William.