Tuesday, January 11, 2022

A Short Stroll..........

A short stroll along the tranquil waters of the Swan River in Woodbridge was a pleasant way to spend an hour yesterday. A strong breeze was blowing keeping the heat at bay giving all a bit of reprieve from the relentless summer weather. 
Walking by the water brings such calmness, the refreshing energy of flowing water always deeply healing. For the first time ever the only birds I encountered on my meander where several different pigeons. A misunderstood and ofen cruelly abused bird these at least were safe from human harm. I find their cooing very relaxing, but there was none of that today. Today they seemed to be relishing the cooler weather and contently watching the day go by.

A mini forest of young sheoak trees had me captivated towards the end of my short walk. The energy of the sheoak very feminine. They have the appearance of a pine tree, however the sheoak is actually a flowering plant. The males of the species flower from winter to spring. I especially love the sheoaks or whispering grandmother tree because when the wind moves through them they sing. 
As the sun filtered through the canopy of  branches I was lost for a moment as I stood silently surrounded by these glorious beings........











2 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful.

Gemel said...

Thank you very much William.