Sunday, January 09, 2022

Delighted To Open..........

Delighted to open the curtains this morning and see the ducklings already here, they fly off to the safety of the local lake at night.

Snuggled around a couple of the water bowls in the garden they seemed content until I went to let the chickens out. Waddling down after me this morning, getting use to the morning routine already, knowing that the chickens being let out means seed for them. 
A few hours later when I let the chickens out into the garden I found that I simply wanted to watch these gentle creatures enjoying their day. 
They are slowly relaxing when I am out in the garden, and like the chickens they can recognise the can of corn kernels and came dashing over once they knew that the daily treats were being offered.  

What I love about watching them feeding alongside the chickens is that they all feed together harmoniously. Aslan knowing they are no threat to his harem of hens doesn't chase them off.
The highlight though for me is watching them as they drink the fresh clean water. Some of the expressions on their faces made me smile as I admired how innocent and perfectly beautiful these ducklings are.  
The one with the injured foot is healing and wont need me to take it to the vet for treatment. Each day more pressure is being applied to the foot which is fantastic to see. 
There were a couple of bronzewings and ring-necked parrots present this morning as well, but the ducklings really were the main attraction.......


































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They are quite at home.

Gemel said...

I feel that they are very at home here.