Sunday, January 09, 2022

Waking To See....

Waking to see these magnificent photos waiting with a heartfelt message this morning was truly a beautiful moment. 
A gift that has made me smile. 
What a glorious way to begin my day. 

Friends in Germany knowing how I am struggling with the relentless summer heat here in western Australia and of how I desperately miss residing in the northern hemisphere sent these hoping that they help me deal with the heat a little easier.

Gifts such as this speak volumes and has made my soul soar. 

Seeing through the eyes of another is not something we can do except perhaps through how one sees the world through the lens of a camera. 
You can give a group of people a camera and ask them all to take a photo of a natural vista. Some will simply point and shoot not being inspired by what they see. Others like me and my dear friends will take time to observe and to feel into what they see. The photos then carry the wordless expression that was felt in the heart as the shutter clicked. 

The natural beauty of a frosty and snowy day is something that I miss deeply. The crunching of icy snow underfoot, the crisp clean air, the stillness and tranquility of the leafless trees and the magical glistening of snow twinkling in the sun. I miss rugging up and heading off to hike up a mountain, being fascinated and invigorated of being out in the icy wilderness surrounded by silence and a pristine white landscape. 

These precious photos have warmed my heart in ways that words cannot convey
Thank you......




 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very familiar to our conditions.

Gemel said...

Yes very much like Canada William.