Saturday, January 08, 2022

Ducks Were Everywhere..

Ducks were everywhere I gazed this morning as I went out into the garden to see if any blue banded bees were buzzing around my chaste berry tree. 
Attempting not to disturb the duck folk as I walked around was a challenge as they are a somewhat flighty flock. With so many of this years young in the flock the occasional squabble happens as parents keep their babies close and safe. Yet peace returns a second later and they all happily forage once again before a group preening session. 

The chaste berry flowers had a lot of blue banded bees dashing about yet this time I was unable to catch an image of one. They zip about furiously in their robotic fashion barely keeping still at all. I will keep popping out into the garden over the next couple of days and trust that I will be successful in getting a few photos of these truly busy bees........ 













 

No comments: