Friday, December 11, 2020

Watching My Car.....


 Watching my car disappearing from view after a rather eventful day yesterday.
67 kilometres from home and at work when my car decided this was the perfect moment to have a mechanical issue, especially given it was a very hot and humid day.
With a mix up in the road side assistance office I sat waiting for five hours until a tow truck finally showed up.
The next issue was that I couldn't go with the car as there were two of us, so a taxi would be called to collect us.
I explained that I worked in the disability sector and had a client with me so I asked could she be dropped off at her home on the way?
No I was told, only one drop off address was allowed.

Well that was all well and good but my client lives 32 kilometres from my home, so on the phone to her father I get and he agreed to come and collect her from my house once we arrived there.

I must admit I was really surprised that they would not make an exception to their rule.
But then taxi driver completely disregarded the instructions he had been given and did in fact detour to drop my client off at her home.
Random acts of kindness always restore my faith in humanity.
A beautiful end to a long hot and stressful day......


2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad it all worked out but, what a stressful day that must have been.

William Kendall said...

Quite a way for it all to turn out.