Saturday, December 12, 2020

Flowers Still Blooming....

Flowers still blooming in the garden adding a splash of colour here and there as the temperature rises.
Taking a walk around the garden yesterday morning after doing the watering in preparation of another humid day on the horizon.
Three of the seven buddleia (butterfly) bushes are in flower their soft scents filling the air.
Two of my jasmines are also flowering the front garden filled with their strong perfume, closing my eyes as I truly appreciate their fragrance each time I walk past them. Five of the grevilleas are in flower, most of these flower all year round, the moonlight is my favourite, it's creamy colour always creates such striking photos against the blue of the sky.
I found a few feathers adorning the leaves, little decorations often overlooked as I stroll around.
There are figs galore on my fig tree, it was given a big prune this year and it has made all the difference, hopefully the parrots won't eat them all though and I get a few for myself.
There is one tiny orange still growing on my pineapple orange tree, it has never fruited before and it is past citrus fruiting time here but this little orange is still growing, I have been waiting years to see what this fruit will taste like.
The mulberry tree has finally find it's feet too, after years of not really doing much at all it is now bushing out and soaring towards the sky.
Gardens are absolutely amazing, and my garden is my favourite place to be, it is not a garden that is pruned and primped, I try to keep it as wild and natural as possible so it is more like a mini forest of loveliness to escape to and to enjoy the gifts it gives freely.......






























 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous variety of colorful growth.

Gemel said...

Thanks Sharon.