Sunday, December 20, 2020

Me Being Me...

Me being me I didn't like the front gate being just a gate, instead I have encouraged my purple passionflower vine to creep over the gate to create a living screen.
This year is the first in seven years where the vine has had numerous buds waiting to unfold.
As the weather heats up I noticed arriving home yesterday that there really are buds galore all over the vine.
A few early bloomers have already opened, each one so spectacular. They really are such strange otherworldly flowers and depending on which way the light fell on them gave a slightly different image of these beautiful flowers.
My passionfruit vine has as yet to offer flowers or fruit, although having said that this year has seen it really take off so fingers crossed that soon buds begin to appear on that which will mean the first ever harvest of fruit....... 








 

No comments: