Friday, December 04, 2020

A Gusty Wind.....

A gusty wind blowing in across the Indian ocean, the stench of drying seaweed clearing my sinuses in seconds, the sun trying without success to warm me up.
Watching a pair of seagulls sharing a quiet moment the wind not putting them off, nor the frequent splashes of a wave here and there made them move either.
As I walked my perspective of the two altered giving me little glimpses of the intimacy between the two.
Who would give a pair of seagulls more than a seconds thought? Most find them somewhat irritating birds, often they are seen as nothing but noisy scavengers looking for an easy meal.
Observing them away from humans though and a different bird immerges altogether. 
Cleary mates these two had a secret language all their own, at one point they appear to merge as if one, so close and in tune with each other it was enchanting to watch.
After a time they like I needed to move on.
A breeze to glide in, seaweed to investigate, or maybe just a new vantage point was needed to watch the endless waves.....



















 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Quite peaceful.