Saturday, December 19, 2020

One Of My Butterfly Bushes.......

One of my butterfly bushes living up to it's name. On my way out the driveway yesterday I had to stop on my way to open the gate to admire the butterflies enjoying the nectar on offer.
This one is the only pink bush I have, I  also have one white belleza, three purple summer lilac and three orange honeycomb bushes scattered throughout the garden.
This one though really seems to attract the butterflies more than the others. The scent is very subtle and rather intoxicating for the butterflies and for me. I always stop for a sniff of the flowers as I walk past this bush, the world stopping for a moment as I close my eyes and breathe in it's beautiful perfume.
One of the monarch butterflies had a large piece missing on one of it's wings but this didn't seem to stop it from flitting from bloom to bloom. I think the golden coloured butterfly may have been a painted lady, but not one hundred percent sure. And I have no idea what the black and white butterfly is, so that one is a mystery. 
There is always something to learn and to research in my garden, strange new insects or a different butterfly, it's why I find such peace in the natural world. My garden is my haven, where all forms of life come to enjoy the plants I have purposely planted and nurtured for them to enjoy as much as I enjoy the garden myself. As it grows it really is turning into a mini private park, and the more the garden grows the more new visitors come to enjoy it. There are still several plants that have yet to have their first flower season, when they flower they will entice more birds and insects into the garden, as each flower attracts different insects and birds. Also the colour of the flowers will also attract certain birds and insects, I have limited the amount of red flowering plants as the new holland honey eaters tend to get a bit territorial with the red flowering bushes chasing other birds out of the garden.
The simply pleasure of observing can see me loose hours in the garden as I sit and watch and be.....










 

No comments: