Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Dodging Heavy Downpours........

 Dodging heavy downpours of rain I enjoyed a day of revisiting Lesmurdie Falls. Having not been here during the winter for some time I really enjoyed the changes the rain brought with it.
The little stream was flowing swiftly, the relaxing sound of flowing water was music to my soul.
The water clear and clean and so delicious to drink, a handful was taken to quench my thirst after a climb up to the top.
The roar of the water cascading over the top of the cliff was extremely loud, I stood for the longest time watching the water as it flew up in a bubbling dance before disappearing over the edge, such serenity was felt by simply watching the wonders around me. 
The city was hidden from view as the weather moved closer, the rain heavy and soaking me to the bone as I made my way back to the car sated and so uplifted.
Not many wildflowers were out, in a few months this will change, normally around September the bushland comes alive with colour as the seasons change taking us towards summer once again, there were a few acacia trees in flowers as well as a few other natives I am not familiar with, a little group of bright orange fungus was discovered when I ventured from the path.
The small cascades further up the track was very peaceful, here I sat and paused awhile.......















































1 comment:

luksky said...

what a peaceful looking place