Saturday, July 11, 2020

A Walk Around......

 A walk around a park is always more than an opportunity to stretch my legs, any time I find myself surrounded by nature it becomes an adventure of exploring the wonders I see, from delicate colorful hibiscus flowers in varying colours which first caught my attention as I strolled across the lush green grass, to the towering moreton bay fig trees which had me exploring for hours.
Seeing the miracle of life as it thrived around me and not missing a single miracle.
What always stops me in my tracks is knowing that from a tiny weed to a huge tree each form of life sprang from a single seed.
Life is everywhere in this park even in the stump of one of the moreton bay figs there was evidence of a home deep inside a hollow, maybe a possum or maybe a native marsupial of a different kind, as I paused to investigate I did wonder who dwelled within.
Unfolding fronds of several tree ferns are works of art as they soar upward towards the sky slowly unfolding as the sun warms them.
The ivy covered ground is a realm of plenty, ducks popping their heads up as they waddle along in search of a place to rest, or discovering a midmorning snack.
The leafless branches of the deciduous trees took me back to my time in England where each winter I was astounded at how the landscape changes as the seasons pass. A moment of melancholy as I reminisced as I walked.
The reflections of the trees shimmering in the puddles held a magical wonder, a different kind of vista of the beauty that was around me.
Moss of vibrant green covering many a tree, adding an expression of fascination as it creeped along the bark, so soft to the touch, delicately adding a different texture to the trees it adorned.
The small native garden held me spellbound the longest with the ball shaped flowers of the female grasstrees, some still in bloom with their soft green flowers, others had began to turn to seed already they had a papery feel as they dried ready to shed their seeds into the wind.
My favorite though was a banksia plant creeping along the ground, one dried flower next to one part way through unfolding to yet another only just beginning to bloom.

The miracle of life is absolutely everywhere, and I always get a few odd looks as I scurry over limbs of trees investing what has drawn my attention or if I stop to get down on the ground to marvel at a clump of mushrooms.
I guess I am a little confused also at the many humans out walking in a park who actually don't see anything other than the path on which they walk.

Those of us who have a deep connection to our Earth Mother will always view life differently, I don't really understand how the magnificence of nature is lost to so many souls who amble through their lives never seeing what is around them.

Contented and everso peaceful I was filled with love from The Mother, her gifts of life are never lost on me, I see so much astounding beauty with every step I take and it infuses into my heart to travel with me always.......
















































































No comments: