Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Recreating......

 Recreating this back corner of the garden is underway, this part of the garden is part of the chicken pen which they are never really kept in, instead they run wild over the whole garden.
Some the acacia trees lining the fence have died so I began taking down what I could without the aid of a chainsaw, waiting for a friend to come over to help me take the rest down.

A pile of kindling collected ready to be broken up for getting my fire started it will keep me going for a while, I was quite amazed at how much I was able to collect from the dead trees.

Plans of turning this part of the garden into a mini food forest so that I can produce more food once the dead trees have been taken out and I figure out where I want the pathways to go planting can begin, I have also thought of using some of the dead wood to make a climbing frame for the chickens in this area as well, because they all seem to like getting up higher since little Nova has joined the flock and continues to climb up whatever she can.

The soil is dark and full of earthworms, extremely fertile after so many years of having the chickens turning the soil over has enriched this area so it is a waste not to utilise this space for food.

Looking forward to giving this part of the garden a makeover as it has been a tad neglected over the years and it is now time to getting it blooming once again........


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

There is potential there.