Saturday, July 25, 2020

Project Number Three......

 Project number three which is the most exciting is the replacement of the veranda all the way around the cottage, with day two of this project being done this week I am really beginning to see what the end result will be.
It involves a lot of hard physical work on my part which I am totally enjoying, it really is so gratifying being a part of the transformation in this way instead of paying someone to do all the work and standing back and watching the process, being hands on gives me a real sense of accomplishment.
The back of the cottage is where we decided to begin, I have hours upon hours of painting still to do and the more I do the easy it becomes.
Next time the patio extension will be constructed, this will give me a place to entertain outside and to have a really functional seating area instead of having the chairs scattered around the cottage willy nilly, it will also mean I can get in and out of the backdoor without getting drenched when it is raining.
It still looks like a bit of a mess as all construction sites do while in process of change, but that is okay I am learning to live with the chaos, knowing that the end result will be well worth the wait.......










No comments: