Friday, July 31, 2020

Rescuing This Baby......

Rescuing this baby mantis from my bedroom after I caught a glimpse of it scurrying along the curtains was a bit of an adventure for the tiny being, it moved like lightning as it ran along the material until it ran onto my finger and was safely taken outside. 
How it ended up in the house is a mystery of its own.
It did not want to get off my hand once outside and each time I attempted to place it safely on a leaf it ran back up my arm, after a few minutes I finally succeeded in placing it safely in the sun.

Placed on the jasmine where it really did seem content, happy to be out in the sunshine, and dare I say posing for that first photo, although getting a clear shot was difficult as it kept moving its head checking out the world around it.
The magnificence of the world around me never fails to stop me in my tracks, I was lost in awe of this perfect wee mantis as I watched it enjoying the warmth of the morning sun......



No comments: