Sunday, September 25, 2022

I Had Heard......

I had heard that an occasional treat of yoghurt gives chickens a protein boost, plus they apparently love it. Not really sure whether they would or not I brought them some home yesterday. 
Lily was the first to come and see what this white goop was in the cat bowls. Her face made me laugh as she was expecting left overs from the cats dinner. 
Being the adventurer of the flock Lily tried it first with Brulee running up to see what treat was on offer. 
Within seconds the rest of the flock had their heads in the bowls and were to my surprise really enjoying the yoghurt. 
Their beaks looked funny smeared with yoghurt, they would take a mouthful appearing to savor it before sticking their heads in for more.
 Another tasty treat has been discovered and the chickens were not the only ones who enjoyed it. The ravens flew in to eat what was left, the rest of the birds and ducks didn't partake though......
















 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Who'd have thought?

William Kendall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gemel said...

I was really surprised.