Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Dodging Heavy Showers............



Dodging heavy showers yesterday afternoon I set off to Falls Park in Hovea to admire the rugged beauty of the small waterfall. The huge boulders here emmenate a primal calmness that always envelopes my soul. Often I feel as it I have stepped back in time as I take in this view of ancient beauty.
Along the way the bushland was gifting signs of spring with so many flowers on show. Some familiar, others, well others were completely new to me. 
The diversity of the western Australian bushland is really astonishing. 
As I have explained before many plant species will be found in one tiny pocket of the state and nowhere else. These rare flowers in turn draw in rare insects and specific birds and mammals. Each species of flowers have varied strains and I am learning to identify these. With so many flowers in the areas where I walk I am discovering new and wonderful flowers each time I amble through the virgin bushlands. 

The more I walk in nature the more I am amazed and my heart expanded. 

Today I was lucky to see many of the tiny orchids that can be easily missed. They tend to flourish near the rocky granitite areas, or as I discovered today springing from a leafy pile. There were leek orchids as well as the yellow sun orchids. 

Discovering yet another new path into John Forrest National Park I was super excited to explore, yet the rain was rather persistent and I was rained off the showers so heavy one is drenched in seconds.
Within the next week or so I will return to these newly discovered paths and continue my exploration before the summer begins. There was a curve in the path that lead towards an expanse of granite rising from the earth. I love to see an these ancient wonders. To feel their strong pulsing vibrations as they meld with my own energy body as I sit and be in the glorious beauty of our glorious Earthly Mother......





































































































































 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, so many blooms to enjoy and some are very unusual. Those yellow orchid-like blooms are stunning. This looks like a great place to walk.

William Kendall said...

The little blue flowers look like scilla, which bloom here first in spring.

Gemel said...

Yes so many flowers Sharon. Spring is a glorious time to explore the bush.

The blue flowers are blue leschenaultia it is native to the south west of Australia William.