Friday, April 15, 2022

Not Normally One For......


Not normally one for getting close to the city, and this is about as close as I like to get! Yesterday I went for a walk along the Swan River just east of the city centre. Also not one to take photos of buildings either until I realised that perhaps those who follow my meanders worldwide would appreciate seeing these views.
Of course I was delighted to be right next to a pelican who was attempting to steal fish from a fisherman. I found it funny as the pelican was rather insistent in sneaking up for an easy meal. I took the opportunity to get some good photos of this magnificent bird. 
The gardens in the area were a mixture of native and manicured. I did find an interesting circular paving area, it looks like some sort of drainage. I found it really clever.
There were a few other feathered beauties found on my walk, yet not many flowers were blooming. Those I did see admired as I passed them.
I sat for a moment on the bridge and listened to the music that is played, a relaxing touch I thought. The funny boat that came along towards the end of my walk was quite the sight as smoke billowed out of its engine. 
A beautiful place to visit on a lovely warm autumn day......


































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

That pelican looks like quite a character.

Gemel said...

The pelican was incredibly cheeky.