Thursday, April 07, 2022

After Five Days.....

After five days of being very unwell and only venturing outside briefly during this time, yesterday morning I began my day with a  long walk around my garden. 
Goosebumps on my skin was a delightful sensation as the air had a nip to it. Being ill really can bring one down and even though I can see the garden from my bedroom window I still did not feel the joy my garden normally bestows upon me whilst indoors.
 As well as that when an illness befalls us it can banish all feelings of contentment replacing  them with feelings of depression. 
Finally up and out of bed the first thing I did was allow the calm and beauty of my little realm of happiness shroud me with contentment once again. Allowing my garden to remind me what really matters in life. 
Plants and birds, flowers and insects. Cool breezes and rain. In a word nature. The magical realm of nature soothes my soul and grounds me when the madness of the man made world sends me running from it's dysfunction. Or when illness comes to call. When clarity, calm and healing is needed it is to my garden I go.........












































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

On those rare occasions when I'm not well I tend to sleep through it.

Gemel said...

Same as me, although I have three kitties who wake me up with wet noses and purrs.