Saturday, November 13, 2021

My Pineapple Orange Tree.....

My pineapple orange tree is yielding fruit for the first time and I am so looking forward to tasting the first orange. There is not a large amount of oranges growing, this is apparently normal, they offer smaller crops yet taste amazing so I have read.

My black pacific duck has lost its mate, it is heartbreaking seeing only the one duck in the garden everyday after years of the pair always coming together. This lone duck spends the days under the patio and waddles after me when I am out in the garden. Hopefully another mate will be found and she won't continue to live life alone.

Another first time flower is the delicate spray on one of my smaller succulent plants. Tiny white flowers with a small touch on pink, very striking indeed.
The thyme plants are also beginning to blossom, these have only been an addition in the past couple of months, thyme tea a regular beverage enjoyed.

As the sun begins to rise on another glorious day I enjoyed the soft light as it lit up the patio plants. It is these moments of silent wonder that nourish my soul, a daily reminder of how blessed we are to have such a beautiful and abundant planet to live upon. 
Being connected and in  tune with the Earth really is the most important thing of my earthly existence, the humdrum human things that society demand the very last priority on my daily agenda.





 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

An unusual tree to me.

Gemel said...

It was for me also when I discovered it.