Tuesday, November 16, 2021

A Walk Along......

A walk along the Swan River in Bassendean yesterday proved to be a rather special occasion as I saw a sacred kingfisher for the first time.

 Perched in a nearby tree I took a quite a few photos of this stunning bird. This kingfisher is called sacred as legend has it that it is a holy bird who has a power to control the water. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo of the plumage on it's back given the position of the tree near the water A truly priceless moment.
Other bird folk out enjoying the day and natural curiosities caught my eye, the morning warm and the wind soft as I sat and enjoyed the riverside peacefulness.......






























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Different from kingfishers here.

Gemel said...

I will have to have a look at the Canadian kingfisher.