Friday, April 16, 2021

The Most Beautiful Thing.....

The most beautiful thing about keeping my garden partly wild is that it attracts the local birds in to foriage. I spend hours sitting watching them, sometimes with my camera, sometimes not. What I have learnt is how many will happily eat together, even with the chickens. 
The pink and grey galahs were the star attraction yesterday, but there were also others who caught my attention.
There was a new holland honeyeater, a lone raven, a few laughing doves and some bronzewings. The chickens tolerate most of the visiting birds, although the ravens get chased away as soon as they land. Sitting in silence and watching the comings and going in my garden is the perfect way to lose a few hours......





















































 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful birds!

Gemel said...

Glad you enjoy seeing them.

Sharon said...

You have the most beautiful feathered friends visiting your garden.