Sunday, February 28, 2021

Out The Door......

Out the door before the sun was even up and I was greeted by a beautiful vista of the moon still high in the sky was a pleasant and invigorating way to begin my Sunday.
The earth was silent except for the occasional trilling of a Boobook somewhere close by in one of the trees. 

My morning walks are always thoroughly enjoyed as I adore being up and outside before the rest of the world wakes up. I love the quiet of the predawn when there is a deep soothing stillness to everything. This morning I was in awe of the moon, the clouds, the gentle light that was shifting and changing as the sun began to rise in the east. 
As I ambled along birds began to wake, singing greeting a new day. The wind was gusty at one point and as my hair flew around my face and as the breeze tickled the bare skin on my arms I felt deeply connected to the elements around me. 
I felt seen and supported by my Earthly Mother, a sense of acknowledgement wrapped itself around me, that she knows I walk the earth vastly different to most, connected to her my beloved Gaia. She knows that I see the magic that is bestowed upon me daily as I look for the incredible each and every day. 
Maybe it is a spider that stops me to pause awhile, or maybe it is the colour of the ocean, or a smile on a dogs face. The simple natural moments offer far more for me than anything else.

 Not distracted by the wants and needs of the human society that surrounds me, but rather dedicated to enriching my life through nature, this morning was a gift as is each morning. 

Grateful for the simple life I lead. 
Grateful for finding my way to this little piece of land that I have been able to nurture and bring to life. 
Grateful for waking another day.
Grateful that I have so much abundance in my life in the wildlife that visits the cottage.
Grateful for being here now......






 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

A wonderful walk.