Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Magical Encounter......

A magical encounter with this extraordinary creature. Walking through the garden when I had a sudden knowing to stop and look to my right, catching a glimpse of black and yellow. Stop I most certainly did, never before have I seen such an exquisite dragonfly.
I spent such a long time marvelling at this delicate being. And as I was watching it in complete awe it was very obviously watching me too. I gently caressed it's tiny body and at one  stage it reached out with one of its tiny feet and touch my fingertip. 
Can't explain this encounter, other than it was one of the most priceless and special moments of my life.

 Flying off to a new vantage point it kept an eye on me as I continued working in the garden. 
In fact it was still there when I locked the chickens in for the night, would be a real miracle if it is still in the same tree in the morning.....





 













2 comments:

Sharon said...

I've never seen a dragonfly that looked quite like that. What an amazing encounter you had. And, you got some fabulous photos. Those eyes!

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots of this one.