Sunday, December 18, 2022

The Delicate Mauve Flowers...

The delicate mauve flowers of my jacaranda tree have began to open, it is always so thrilling to see the first flowering of each of my plants. It has been a long six year wait to see this tree mature enough to bloom. I have always loved the jacaranda trees, some locals though dislike them as when the flowers drop some find this messy. I see it as a magical mauve carpet which I find as attractive as when the flowers are blooming on the tree. It is all down to perspective. 

One of the bean plants has its first offering of flowers too, some of the other bean plants are struggling with the heat. Can't say I blame them, it was really hot today. Surviving under the harsh sun must be rather difficult and I do sense that come the evening when I water there is an almost joyous vibration from the plants as they are showered with refreshing replenishing water.

The chickens have plenty of shady nooks to rest under and currently the mulberry tree is a favourite place. They are also giving me a daily egg hunt as they have decided that they want to lay their eggs in the garden rather than in the nesting box. Sometimes it takes a few days to locate the new nest, they are really quite inventive in where they choose to lay eggs. it keeps things interesting that is for sure.

Flowers are still appearing throughout the garden, although some blooms only last a day with the heat of the sun drying them out swiftly. The heady scent of jasmine and buddleia drifts in the air filling the cottage with their beautiful perfumes.

A ringneck parrot and her baby were in one of the trees in the back garden, they camouflage really well amongst the branches, the mother is a regular to the garden and wasn't nervous of me being close to her chick. The trust many of the birds have with me is humbling. A pair of bronzewings were resting on the back fence, waiting perhaps for an afternoon snack of seed. 

I also noticed a lone seed pod on one of the hakea trees, I am curious to see it open and also to see which birds may be attracted to eat it. The parrots and cockatoos are partial to the acacia seed pods, perhaps they will be drawn to this one as well.

The sky was quite spectacular as the afternoon drew closer to evening, thankfully the heat subsided for the day and everything seemed to breathe a sigh of relief, me included...
























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

Gemel said...

I think so.