Monday, December 26, 2022

A Day In The Kitchen...

A day in the kitchen preparing a few things to take with me tomorrow when I go visiting. 

First I made some spicy corn fritters, which are so simple and really quick to create. I had to refrain from trying one as I only made eight. 

Next I concocted a rice chilli con carne which I then placed into capcicums I had halved and then put them into the oven to cook, for about ten minutes or so. I placed a piece of mini chol cheese on the top to melt just before I took them out of the oven. I had a bit of the rice mixture left over so I enjoyed that for my lunch. It was rather delicious. 

Then it was my third attempt at the french apple cake. This time I tweaked it a bit instead of slicing the apples, I chopped them. And I added a few tablespoons of rum. I am hoping that the chunkier apples will make the cake a little more juicier and the tiny bit of rum will also enhance the flavour of the fruit.

Now it all waits for tomorrow...



 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of cooking.

Gemel said...

It did keep me busy for a few hours.

luksky said...

Those corn fritters look really tasty

Gemel said...

They were quite yummy.