Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Getting Out In The Trees...

Getting out in the trees is something that I have missed of late, much more comfortable am I surrounded by nature than the dead concrete world of suburbia and cities. Within seconds an embrace of nurturing energy was felt from the trees, their powerful vibrations emmanting out into the bushland.
Evidence was noted pretty much straight away of the red tail cockatoos being present with half eaten honkey nuts scattered across the ground. Shortly after this I heard the distinctive call of the red tails high in the canopies of the trees. I was hoping for a glimpse, or better still a few good photos of these amazing birds. They have a presence that calls for me to stop whenever I see them fly above me. These birds are endangered due to continued destruction of their habitat. I often wonder when the raping of the land will cease, when those in charge will wake up and realise that without nature humans have nothing. 
Under the shade of the trees it was cool and enchanting, I find trees fascinating, the different textures of the bark, the artful way some of them grow, the colours and the different leaves each species has. They are truly remarkable. 
Little structures had been made around the area with dried branches, these would be similar to the shelters the original peoples used. A bit of possum fur was seen laying next to a dandelion flower, perhaps left over from a turf scuffle. There was also an abundance of seed pods dangling from the acacia trees, what doesn't get eaten by the birds and possums hopefully will germinate. 
Nearing the end of my walk I finally found the tree the red tails were in, dodging honkey nuts being dropped from them was rather challenging, as was attempting to get any clear photos. As they ate they walked through the branches and the canopy of this tree was high and very leafy so they remained mostly hidden. Getting only a few glimpses of them was all it was going to be so I opted for watching and appreciating them instead.........
















































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

So different from how things are here.

Gemel said...

It is vastly different down under.