Sunday, December 18, 2022

One Of...

One of my resident new holland honeyeater families who live in the garden were busy flitting around this morning with their chicks. These birds can be difficult to photograph even from inside because they rarely keep still. The newest chicks have not been out of the nest too long and this makes getting too close even more of a challenge. 
When I water the garden of an afternoon the family likes to take a shower under the misty spray of the hose gleefully chirping as they cool themselves off. I did see a few of them taking a bath in the pond however the shots are more artsy than crisp, giving a slightly intimate view I thought. 
The front garden is like a mini woodland now and a safe haven for them to feed on the grevillea flowers they favour. From inside the cottage I have the perfect vantage point to observe life in the wild...












 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They're very pretty.

Gemel said...

Yes they are.