Saturday, August 07, 2021

The Waiting.....

The waiting pink and grey galahs caught my attention yesterday morning against the clear blue sky they really did look striking. They of course were waiting for me to feed my chickens their breakfast seed. 

Further down in the garden I noticed a new holland honeyeater giving out the danger call. The tiny bird was very distressed.  Having a look around the trees I noticed two kookaburras and one butcher bird all looking to raid nests of the smaller birds. 
Their point of interest was the towering palm tree in the neighbouring property. It would seem a great place to make a nest, but sadly the kookaburras were successful in making a hole big enough for them to get through. 
The new holland honeyeaters nest was safe it is the rainbow lorikeets that live and nest in the palm......













 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

You have a lot of bird company.

Gemel said...

I am very blessed to have them all visit.