Monday, August 02, 2021

Taking Time.....

Taking time to explore yet another place that has been calling for quite some time.
 A walk up to an old quarry. Not keen to explore the bushland on my own in the summer months due to snakes and bushfires I am taking advantage of this beautiful cold and wet weather. 

My imagination was running wild as soon as I set off.  The path lead onwards and upwards, me being me left the track and followed  all the things that kept drawing my attention. 
The place is exquisite, a gentle stream trickling almost silently was utterly soothing. A delicate vine wove its way around many a plant, softly cocooning them in it's lacy green embrace.  
Such a beautiful place.
At one point I had the distinct impression that I was being watched. As I slowly scanned the bushland a towering kangaroo a massive buck stood watching me. Careful not to startle him I remained still, our eyes locked until he bounded off in giant hops disappearing from view practically instantly. Having been chased by a large kangaroo before I know it best to not give them cause to follow.

 Sadly my camera battery had run out so I only had my phone for photos. After seeing what this area is like though I shall return again soon with my camera and for a longer walk......































 

No comments: