Monday, August 30, 2021

A Cold And Blustery....

A cold and blustery day always entices me to get out and explore. 
The clouds providing an atmospheric shroud above as the wind whipped around me furiously. 
A fallen tree lay where she fell, a fatality of the last bout of storms. Silently I acknowledged her life, and the homes she freely offered others. 
A majestic beauty no more. 
As the gale intensified, I closed my eyes feeling the incredible force of the invisible winds as the tempo went up another notch.
A family of corellas excited by the approaching storm, the two overhead screeching their protest as I passed under their tree. 
An almost frenzied excitement was stirring this crackle of cockatoos.
 Some flew off seemingly in fright screeching as they flew. 
Others went to paddle in a muddy puddle, their pristine white feathers soon turing a dirty brown.

  Mesmerised I stood, buffered by the gusty winds, yet so peaceful and calm as the sky darkened and the blessing of rain cleansed the earth once more....

































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very moody skies.

Gemel said...

Certainly was William, great for photos.