Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Out Exploring Once.....

Out exploring once again, this time in Mundy regional park. Having being to other parts of this park yesterday I decided to set off in a completely different direction. Hearing the tranquil sound of rushing water I headed towards the stream before taking a track that took me higher up the hill and deeper into the bush. As expected I discovered more wildflowers I had not seen before as well as species that seem to grow in many of the areas I hike.
But the most amazing find of the day was a dwarf bearded dragon who was sunning himself on a small rock. This tiny reptile was absolutely magnificent. I have never seen one before and of course spent time observing him. He had other ideas though little did I realise he was stalking prey. I managed to get one last photo of him with his mouth still open after snapping up an insect before disappearing from view in an instant. 
Although the day was sunny the wind had an icy feel to it, the sunlight shimmering through the bushland giving it a beautiful magical glow. What I did noticed about the people I passed on the track was that none of them really seem to look at anything. They stick to the path, never marvel at anything and power walk their way along the path. 
Me, well I seem to see so much and stop to touch and smell new flowers. Follow my intuition when told to head a certain way and by doing this have some very special encounters. The miracle of life is so abundant out in the bush and if one takes the time to slow down and really open their eyes there is so much to discover......


















































































 

No comments: