Sunday, August 22, 2021

Out Exploring.....

Out exploring the bushland once again this time I decided to check out a track only 6.5 kilometers from the cottage. 
Once again I was seeing plants that I had not seen before. Even the gumnuts on two of the gum trees were ones that I had never encountered. 
A super cool spider web or cocoon spotted safely tucked away in the middle of a very spiky shrub. I didn't want to disturb it by moving the branches. It was very intriguing so I took photos from several different angles. 
The tiny yellow pom-pom flowers of many different acacia's decorated the path, their fragrance quite strong in places. 
Several new species of flowers were seen, many moments made me stop to take in what I was viewing. Quiet moments of reflection as I appreciated the diverse beauty of the west australian bushland, giving gratitude to myself for taking the time to follow intuitive prompts that always lead to new discoveries. Some seed pods were also quite interesting and a few fungus colonies discovered too.
I did see one fledgling red-tailed cockatoo, it poked its head up out from the branch it was on for a quick look at me before flying after it's family. 

The highlight of the day would have to be my encounter with a large family of carnaby black cockatoos. I have mentioned before that this species is endangered with loss of habitat, hunting and poaching for pets. To see this large family group was wonderful. Luckily they were not too bothered about me watching them as they munched on their honky nuts and waddled along the ground. Listening to them constantly chattering to each other was very special. Such strong bonds these birds have, may these all live long happy lives.
I stayed watching them for well over an hour. 
To me they appear to have such happy eyes and cheeky faces and I found myself watching them with the biggest grin on my own face. 
Moments like this are simply irreplaceable.......











































































 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The raw beauty is such a treat for the eyes. You have outdone yourself yet again. I so enjoy being taken along on your walks through your photos. Those cockatoos are stunning.
Thank you for sharing 😊

Gemel said...

Thank you, nothing I enjoy more than being out with my camera in nature.