Thursday, August 05, 2021

A Stroll Around.....

A stroll around Mussel Pool, a place I had not been for many years. The sun warm, water calm. Bird life is thriving here, as is a large family of brushtail possums and there is also nine species of amphibians to be found. Although I only sighted happy water birds enjoying this amazingly preserved habitat I was delighted to know that many any animals are thriving here. 
Again I felt an air of mystery and magic as I wandered  along the paths. Despite all the rain of late the bracken was mainly dry and brown. Perhaps a return visit in a few weeks may see the understory burst into life and colour.......













































2 comments:

William Kendall said...

So different from what I am accustomed to.

Gemel said...

It is so very different to Ottawa.