Monday, June 08, 2020

A Brand New.....

 A brand new look is being give to the cottage with an extension to the verandah to make sure that the laundry area keeps dry during winter and I get an actual patio space out the back to relax under and enjoy the garden view after all these years which will include the area being brick paved so I can finally say goodbye to the drab grey slabs.
Painting all the wood before it goes up is my first job while my friend deals with the more tricky work.
The wood of the verandah is a lovely soft pink, which against the lilac of the house (when finished) with the white trim on the windows and doors will give the cottage a soft and beautiful exterior.
Might not be everyone's idea of a the perfect colour scheme, but for me it's perfect, and the magic cottage will finally reflect the magic she has brought into my life, and it will finally look loved and cared for as well as reflecting her owner perfectly.
Taking out the rotting wood of the veranda will be a slow process, but with each section that is replaced the cottage will begin to radiate a happy new glow.
So much to do, yet I am in no rush, it will take time and with the help of friends the task is not as confronting as I thought it would be, plus I am gaining confidence in becoming more handy around the house in many ways with the guidance from someone who knows their stuff.
After a weekend of change, first the new cat play area and now the renovation of the cottage finally underway after years and years of dreaming, this last big task of attacking the biggest job of the house so far, getting rid of the old energy of neglect from previous owners and giving the cottage a new happy vibe.
Next week having a few days off work I will also finish giving the cottage it's first coat of paint, once that is done I feel that the whole energy of the cottage will shift.
Feeling tired but extremely excited as this project slowly unfolds..........





No comments: