Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Delivery.....

 The delivery of a tonne of wood meant that I had my work cut out for me for an hour or so, for Nova the wildling chicken it meant a new place to explore and a new lookout.
Nova is the character of the garden, although super tiny she has the biggest personality.
She brings such happiness to me with her antics and her inquisitiveness, always the first of my little chicken family to come and check out what is going on, she appears to be fearless, nothing appears too intimidating for her.
The other chickens and Aslan the rooster will often stand observing her, none though share her exploring nature. Often Aslan will coo to her to try and get her attention, attempting to get her back to the ground, I am not sure that he is happy about some of the places she gets up on.
The longer I keep chickens in the garden the more I see how incredibly intelligent and loving these gentle little birds are, how each and every one of the chickens I have had the pleasure of homing is an individual, each has a different tone to its voice, each its own unique quirks.......


No comments: