Monday, June 08, 2020

A Morning Walk....

 A morning walk by the river in Bayswater a place I had not been to before, I normally walk further up the river when coming down this way.
As always the trees captivated me the most, the way they soar up towards the sky and the interesting patterns and bumps they have in their bark.
A little shelter that seemed to have been made although I am not sure why as a massive puddle was underneath so not a comfortable place to sit that is for sure.
I also discovered a family of crusader beetles who were feasting on sap from a tree, I was mesmerised as I watched them doing their thing.
Oblivious to the human watching them they continued to scurry about as they enjoyed their find.
The water level of the river was quite high after some intense rain over the past few days, not a lot of water birds were around though, a lone pelican was way over the other side of the river and a pair of coots were closer to the rivers edge nearer where I was walking lazily gliding on the water.
Dead trees added a spot of interest as they poked out of the water, natural sculptures laying where they have fallen.
A sheoak tree drew my attention as I headed back towards the shaded raised walkway and back to my car, sitting under them for a short while looking up and simply admiring them as they swayed in the gentle morning breeze......
























No comments: