Sunday, June 07, 2020

The Unfolding......

 The unfolding of the flowers on one of my silver princess eucalyptus trees has been a moment I have been long waiting for.
Over four years in fact.
Checking her every morning and afternoon for weeks now keeping an eye on the buds as they inched closer each day to this very moment of unfoldment.
Such beautiful trees, a species of mallee and native to Western Australia, also known as gungurru these trees can live as long 150 years and can reach a height of around 30 feet high, what I love about them is that they are so unusual to most of the native trees, always standing out no matter where they may be bushlands or gardens.
I love the way their foliage weeps, and the bark has a soft silver hue, and the flowers, well the flowers are simply spectacular.
I am trusting that mine will remain alive and strong long after I leave here one day, until then though I will nourish and care for her and admire her beauty each and every day.......




No comments: