Saturday, June 20, 2020

Transforming The Cottage.......

 Transforming the cottage is well underway now after years of dreaming this to be so.
Procrastination had been my biggest barrier to overcome, always stating I was going to do it, but never actually picking up the paint can as it all seemed somewhat confronting.
The task seemed so incredibly big, such a lot to do, so I sat for years in the mindset of leaving it for another day or waiting for someone to help.
But last week I woke with the clear message that enough was actually enough, I no longer wished to reside in a dark home.
The back of the cottage seemed the best place to begin, as this part of the house has always radiated a forlorn look of neglect, plus it would be the most difficult part of the cottage to paint with all the pipes and the laundry area making this the trickiest area to do, so I thought let's get started here!
I still have the trickiest places to finish as well as the last board along this part of the cottage, need to figure a way of taping paper down before finishing it completely, and do need help to move the washing machine out of the way as it is too heavy for me to move alone.
Each stroke of the paint roller brought with it a sense of completion, the cottage was coming to life, her dark past finally taken away.
This tiny cottage was never looked after, she has seen numerous owners, none who could see her potential to shine and given the state she was in when I bought her, none had ever loved her.
Finished for the day I stood back a was totally amazed at the transformation of my little home.
It is almost as if she is smiling, the colour soft and feminine and so tranquil.
As the verandah is slowly replaced and painted the soft pink, and the trim painted white she will slowly be transformed to the vision I held in my heart from the very first moment I saw her in all her neglect all those years ago.
I have found that it isn't as difficult as I thought it would be, my confidence growing the more I do.
Now it is all down to having a couple of full days so I can get the last two sides painted.
Each time I get home and see this vision my heart is happy, every glimpse when I am in the garden it makes me smile to see the transformation unfolding......
















No comments: