Sunday, January 01, 2023

With A Power Outage...

With a power outage leaving me with no electricity new years eve turned into one of candlelit ambience. Shadows dancing on the walls created soft shimmering patterns and I fell into a mediation of gratefulness as I watched the shadows moving.
The ending of 2022 seemed to be rather chaotic as society prepared to enter the festive season. There was an almost frantic energetic cloud that hovered in the air. 
Normally I hear the merrymaking of neighbours New Years Eve, this year all was silent even after the electricity was eventually restored.
Not one to make resolutions for a new year I normally focus on an intent for what I would like more of in my realm. 
Simple things such as happiness, joy and love. 
To be grateful for all I have, for the gifts of family and friends and the endless amazement I have with nature. 
To be grateful of each breath.
To be grateful for health.
To be grateful for each moment and to truly appreciate the honour of living a human life...


 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

A candle-lit new years eve sounds good to me.

Gemel said...

It was very relaxing.

William Kendall said...

Quieter than my New Years

Gemel said...

Quieter than most I think.